On this episode of Professional-on-the-Go, we talk about what’s hot and what’s not about the esthetics industry. We’re talking about trends that are impacting estheticians, skin care professionals, and service providers in the spa & salon community. We first discuss:
- What exactly is an esthetician? What do they do?
- What’s the difference between a dermatologist and an esthetician?
- Why is esthetics a hot career path right now? Do you need a license to practice?
- What kind of income can estheticians make?
- Where do most estheticians work?
Then, we talk to Susanne S. Warfield who is the Executive Director of the National Coalition of Estheticians, Manufacturers/Distributors, & Associations. She literally wrote the book on how to have a successful career in esthetics. We dive into:
- How estheticians today are different from skincare professionals 30 years ago
- Why states in the U.S. require estheticians to be licensed
- The number of hours that are required to get a license
- The National Coalition of Estheticians, Manufacturers/Distributors, & Associations (NCEA) and how it is different from the Associated Skincare Professionals (ASCP)
- The future of the esthetics industry