On this episode of Professional on the Go, we talk about life coaching as an independent service profession. We discuss:
- What exactly is a life coach and how is it different than being a mentor?
- Why do people hire a life coach?
- How does someone get the professional credentials to be one? Is there state licensing?
- How much money can you make as a life coach?
- Do people often have both a therapist and a life coach, or just have one?
- Is there a beginning and an end to life coaching work with a client or does it go on indefinitely?
- Making the decision to start your own shop versus join an existing life coaching company
- Advice for someone who is considering quitting their job to become a life coach.
Our guest is Kara Lowentheil from UnF*ck Your Brain, https://unfckyourbrain.com/. Kara is a Master Certified Coach and all about women’s empowerment. She is a no bullshit, no nonsense advisor on how to get your mind right and get your life on track.