An Overview of Arkansas Soccer Association
The Arkansas Soccer Association (ASA) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) tax exempt corporation. Founded in 1979, ASA is governed by a board of directors elected by representatives from 45+ member associations. Their mission is to:
• Educate coaches, players, referees, parents, and administrators
• Develop and administer soccer programs and activities for youth and adult players
• Provide opportunities and experiences for all participants where they can develop positive character traits while reaching their full potential
• Promote and stimulate interest in the game of soccer for a lifetime
ASA currently registers approximately 15,000+ youth and adult members from across the state each year. ASA’s Member Associations (or “clubs”) field more than 1,600 teams each year. These clubs organize and operate their own programs, drawing on a volunteer base of coaches and program administrators. Each association has a set of bylaws, which are submitted when applying to become a member of ASA. Each local association also has a board of directors which oversees the operation of the club.
How to Join Arkansas Soccer Association
Requirements of being an association:
- An association must have at least 50 registered players per seasonal year.
- $50 Annual membership fee
- Associations must use the online registration program provided by ASSA (at no additional cost.)
- Pay all appropriate fees.
- Abide by the ASSA rules and bylaws and the US Youth Soccer and USSF bylaws and rules. (see ASSA website: www.arkansassccer.org )
- Host a coaching and referee course during the first year as a member.
Resources for Arkansas Soccer Association
Location: 9871 Brockington Road, Suite 10 Sherwood, AR