On this episode of Professional-on-the-Go, we talk about the trending lash technician profession. Lash technicians have a specialized job in the beauty industry working on eyelashes.
Why has this profession become so popular? Do you need to be certified for this work? Do lash technicians usually work independently or at a salon? How much can an eyelash tech make a year? We answer these questions, plus we speak with Elizabeth Jennings who is a pioneer in the lashing industry. She owns 4 salons across North and South Carolina, has launched her own lash line, and she is known to many as the Minister of Beauty.
You will learn:
- How Elizabeth got her start as a lash technician
- What lash techs did for work before the industry became hot
- Pros and cons of being an independent lash technician versus being an employee of a salon
- Characteristics of a good lash technician certification/training program
- Advice for independent lash technicians looking to expand their income