Utah Licensing Overview for an HVAC Contractor
Licensing for an HVAC contractor in Utah is controlled by the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing.
General Guidelines for an HVAC Contractor in Utah
State-specific requirements to perform HVAC contractor services should be followed, but always check your local government’s rules and regulations.
Who’s allowed to perform these services?
General requirements for an HVAC contractor license?
• Complete two years/4,000 hours of experience in past 10 years.
• Pass a trade examination.
• Pass the State of Utah Laws and Rules examination.
• Complete an approved 20-hour pre-license education course; OR obtain a degree in construction management.
• Obtain general liability coverage of $100,000 per incident and $300,000 aggregate.
What’s the state licensing site for an HVAC contractor?
What are some training programs available for an HVAC contractor?
How long is a license good for and when do I need to renew?
Expires after two years on July 31 of an odd-numbered year
What are fees associated with licensing?