In this episode of Professional-on-the-Go, we are talking to Kyra Sundance who is a dog trainer, performer, and author. Kyra quite literally wrote the book on “how to teach dogs to do tricks” called 101 Dog Tricks, which has over 1 million copies in print and has been translated into 22 languages.
Her company, Do More With Your Dog (http://www.domorewithyourdog.com), is the official sanctioning and organizing body for the sport of Dog Tricks and has certified over 20,000 successfully trained dogs. She is nationally ranked in competitive dog sports, trains dog actors, and has been featured on programs ranging from Ellen and The Tonight Show to the NBA halftime show.
Kyra Sundance’s story is an inspiration for anyone who has a dream of working for themselves and making a good living. You will learn:
- What inspired Kyra’s super unique career path of becoming a dog trainer
- How Kyra learned how to train dogs to do tricks (and how you can, too)
- Why passion is a great tool for growing and marketing your business
- How Kyra transitioned from her full-time job to running her dog training business, and how that business evolved over time into the one it is today
- The power of focusing on the important versus the urgent in growing your business
- How to maintain passion and joy throughout different stages of business
- Why you need to think about an “exit strategy” as an entrepreneur and independent service professional