Mississippi Licensing Overview for an HVAC Contractor
Licensing for an HVAC contractor in Mississippi is controlled by the Mississippi State Board of Contractors.
General Guidelines for an HVAC Contractor in Mississippi
Specific requirements to perform HVAC contractor services can generally be used as a guideline, however, make sure to check with your local governing rules and regulations.
Who’s allowed to perform these services?
HVAC Contractor, Mechanical Contractor
General requirements for an HVAC contractor license?
• Register business name with Mississippi Secretary of State’s office.
• Obtain Mississippi Tax ID Number or Federal Tax ID Number.
• Provide certificate of general liability coverage.
• Provide certificate of workers compensation insurance.
• Provide a qualifying party on application.
• Pass a Law and Business Management exam.
• Pass a trade exam.
What’s the state licensing site for an HVAC contractor?
What are some training programs available for an HVAC contractor?
How long is a license good for and when do I need to renew?
Check with local governing body for updated details.
What are fees associated with licensing?