York College CPE Overview
This class focuses on learning and improving natural hair care, braiding and twisting skills, sanitization and professionalism, and learning healthier ways of caring for the hair and scalp.
In this hands-on class students learn:
- About the hair’s structure, textures and types, and the basics of natural hair care that will help strengthen, preserve and restore hair and scalp.
- The proper application of conditioners, moisturizers and roller/rod setting hair for either personal or professional enrichment.
- How to create and design braids, twists, flat twists, Bantu knots, cultivating locs, silky and yarn Locs.
- Natural handmade formulas, proper shampooing, scientific-brushing & scalp manipulation for hair growth stimulation.
- Proper trimming, and hair detangling methods for all hair textures – curly, coarse, kinky and mixed textures, careful transitioning to wearing hair natural, nutrition, draping, sanitizing and sterilization of implements, communicable diseases, disorders of the scalp, and regulations affecting hair braiding.
Training Programs at York College CPE
- Hair Braider Training
- Price Range: $229