West Virginia Licensing Overview for a Physical Therapist
Licensing for a physical therapist in West Virginia is controlled by the West Virginia Board of Physical Therapy .
General Guidelines for a Physical Therapist in West Virginia
Specific requirements to perform physical therapist services can generally be used as a guideline, but make sure to check with your local governing rules and regulations.
Who’s allowed to perform these services?
General requirements for a physical therapist license?
• May issue a license to practice physical therapy without examination, to an applicant who holds a valid physical therapy license issued by another state or territory or possession of the US if the applicant’s qualifications are equal to or greater than the requirements of West Virginia.
• Must have credentials evaluation from ICA.
• Foreign-trained applicants must pass TOEFL, TSE and TWE.
• To be eligible for a license to practice, you must have a “Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy” from an accredited program.
• Foreign-trained applicants must have the equivalent of a PT degree. PTA degree equivalencies are not accepted.
• Foreign-trained applicants must be licensed in the country of their education.
What’s the state licensing site for a physical therapist?
What are some training programs available for a physical therapist?
How long is a license good for and when do I need to renew?
Check with local governing body for updated details.
What are fees associated with licensing?