Pennsylvania Licensing Overview for a Physical Therapist
Licensing for a physical therapist in Pennsylvania is controlled by the Pennsylvania State Board of Physical Therapy .
General Guidelines for a Physical Therapist in Pennsylvania
Specific requirements to perform physical therapist services can generally be used as a guideline, but make sure to check with your local governing rules and regulations.
Who’s allowed to perform these services?
General requirements for a physical therapist license?
• Is at least 20 years of age, unless otherwise waived upon application to and review by the Board.
• Is of good moral character.
• Is not addicted to alcohol, narcotics or other habit forming drugs.
• Has met the professional requirements relating to education for licensure by examination.
• The applicant shall apply on forms supplied by the Board, answer all questions fully and provide all documentation required under subsection (a).
• Pay the fee in for application for physical therapist licensure by examination/endorsement.
What’s the state licensing site for a physical therapist?
What are some training programs available for a physical therapist?
How long is a license good for and when do I need to renew?
License expires biennially
What are fees associated with licensing?