Louisiana Licensing Overview for a Physical Therapist
Licensing for a physical therapist in Louisiana is controlled by the Louisiana State Board of Physical Therapy .
General Guidelines for a Physical Therapist in Louisiana
Follow state regulations to perform physical therapist services, but make sure to check also with your local governing rules and regulations.
Who’s allowed to perform these services?
General requirements for a physical therapist license?
• Be at least 21 years old
• Be of good moral character as defined by state rules
• Pay all fees required by the board
• Be a UD citizen or possess valid and current legal authority to reside and work in the US duly issued by the US immigration authorities under and pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act
• Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s of science degree in Physical Therapy and have completed an academic education from a school accredited by CAPTE.
• Have achieved a passing score on the NPTE
•Furnish the board with your social security number
What’s the state licensing site for a physical therapist?
What are some training programs available for a physical therapist?
How long is a license good for and when do I need to renew?
License expires every two years.
What are fees associated with licensing?