Guilford Technical Community College Overview
The profession of phlebotomy is taught through didactic, student laboratory, and clinical experiences. You will be trained to perform a variety of blood collection methods using proper techniques and precautions including: vacuum collection devices, syringes, capillary skin puncture, butterfly needles and blood culture specimen collection on adults, children and infants. Emphasis will be placed on infection prevention, proper patient identification, proper labeling of specimens, and quality assurance. You will be taught specimen handling, processing and accessioning. You will learn the theory and principles of Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived laboratory tests and perform the tests in the student laboratory.
Training Programs at Guilford Technical Community College
- Phlebotomy Training Program
Price Range: Check website for updated details.
Resources for Guilford Technical Community College
- Phone: (336) 334-4822 Ext. 53062
- Website: https://www.gtcc.edu/academics/academic-programs/programs/workforce-development-corporate-training/health/phlebotomy-training-program.php
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/guilford_tech/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GTechCC