Delaware Licensing Overview for a Physical Therapist
Licensing for a physical therapist in Delaware is controlled by the Delaware Examining Board of Physical Therapists and Athletic Trainers .
General Guidelines for a Physical Therapist in Delaware
Specific requirements to perform physical therapist services can generally be used as a guideline, but make sure to check with your local governing rules and regulations.
Who’s allowed to perform these services?
General requirements for a physical therapist license?
• Submit completed, signed and notarized Application for Licensure as a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant to the Board office.
• Enclose the non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.
• Complete the Criminal History Record Check Authorization form to request State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background checks. Follow the instructions on the authorization form to arrange to be fingerprinted.
• If you have ever held a license in another jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory or District of Columbia), arrange for the Board office to receive verification of licensure from each jurisdiction where you have ever held a license, sent directly from the jurisdiction to the Board office.
• Enclose a copy of your current CPR certification card (front and back).
What’s the state licensing site for a physical therapist?
What are some training programs available for a physical therapist?
How long is a license good for and when do I need to renew?
Licenses expire on January 31 of odd years
What are fees associated with licensing?
Check with local governing body for updated details.