Arizona Licensing Overview for a Massage Therapist
Licensing for a massage therapist in Arizona is controlled by the Arizona State Board of Massage Therapy.
General Guidelines for a Massage Therapist in Arizona
Specific requirements to perform massage therapist services can generally be used as a guideline, but make sure to check with your local governing rules and regulations.
Who’s allowed to perform these services?
General requirements for a massage therapist license?
• At least 18 years old
• U.S. citizen or legal resident
• Be of good moral character
• High school diploma or equivalent or pass an ability-to-benefit exam
• Has not been convicted of a class 1-6 felony within 5 years prior to license application
• Has not recieved a prostitution-related misdemeanor or similar offense
• Has not voluntarily surrendered a license or had a license revoked
• Not currently under investigation, suspension or restriction for an act subject to discipline by the chapter
• 700 hours Training
What’s the state licensing site for a massage therapist?
What are some training programs available for a massage therapist?
How long is a license good for and when do I need to renew?
Renews every two years on licensee’s birthday
What are fees associated with licensing?